There are several download managers for Linux but it is more confusing, which I have to choose and which is the best? are you confusing then you are at the right place.
Here I am going to list 4 best Linux download managers. which are free and open source. You can choose one of them as per your choice.
So, lets get started..
1. XDM – Xtreme Download Manager
XDM is most powerful downloader it is opensource and completely free for linmux. It can boost download upto 500% fast as per it’s developers says. Interface of XDM is very easy and user friendly.
Features of XDM
- It’s supports resume/pause feature – resume/ pause feature is very useful when you have to download the files later.
- YouTube video downloader – don’t need to install any separate software to download the youtube videos. XDM comes with integrated youtube downloader. Just paste the link and download the video. It supports many video formats, that’s cool.
- Copy URL from Clipboard – It can copy URL directly from clipboard for pasting and downloading. This feature will help you to store links for downloading later.
- Other features – It has many features including supporting the http, https, ftp etc.
XDM is very similar to IDM(Internet download manager), this will very helpful to those guys who switched windows to Linux recently.
Download XDM on linux
Website of XDM http://xdman.sourceforge.net/
2. Steady Flow
If you want simplicity, go for Steady Flow, because it is very simple and easy to use. Download multiple files at a time, great! Increase downloading speed 5 times faster.
Features of Steady Flow
- Pause/resume feature
- Directly copy from clipboard, just like XDM
- Clean interface, best for Linux beginners
- Supports to run specific command after completing the downloading process
Download Steady Flow for linux
website of Steady Flow https://launchpad.net/steadyflow
A free and open source download manager comes with Linux, windows and android also. It is designed to be simple, easy to use and fast.
Features of uGet
- Like XDM and SteadyFlow, uGet also supports pause/resume feature
- Classification of files – Such a great feature, It can classify your downloaded files..wow!
- Download by using command also.
Download uGet for Linux
Website of uGet http://ugetdm.com/
Like others, which I have listed in post, this is not software. This is a firefox tool or we can say plugin with great feature.
It is available across almost every platform.
Features of DownThemAll
- We page downloader – It supports to download all links and the images of the web page. Thats a cool feature of DownThemAll.
- Multitasking – You can download multiple files at one time and even you can set up speed of each file. cool!
- More Speed – It can boost download speed up to 400% as per developers says.
- Support automatic taking links from Firefox browser
Download DownThemAll from this link https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/downthemall/.
Okay, that’s it. these are the top 4 linux download managers. Choose any one as per your choice because everyone is good. If you like my work please share with your friends to help him/her and spread love <3.